Coaching Accreditation - Community Golf Coaching Course
Coaching Accreditation - Community Golf 1 Coaching Course
Ever wanted to give back to your community?
Get involved with Golf Queensland's Community Golf 1 Coaching Courses which take place at the state training facility at Brookwater Golf and Country Club or through the Get Active Queensland Accreditation Program (GAQAP) at various locations in Queensland.
This course is designed for the beginner/intermediate coach and represents a pathway into the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme. The target group includes school teachers, golf club personnel and volunteers, parents and late secondary and tertiary students, interested in developing golf within their community.
The course expands on the basic skills of teaching golf, the national junior program MYGolf, the role of the coach, safety, and organisation of beginner activities.
To attain full accreditation participants need to have a bluecard and be or have one of the following:
- Be a registered teacher
- Be a current Level 1, 2, or 3 Coach in any Sport
- Have a valid ASC Beginning Coaching General Principles Certification prior to attending the course
- Be at least 16 years-of-age
Information on gaining the Beginning Coaching General Principles certificate can be found here
Get Active Queensland Accreditation Program (GAQAP)GAQAP provides teachers, school sport or club volunteers, tertiary and senior secondary school students throughout Queensland with FREE training that can ultimately lead to an accreditation in coaching, officiating and sports first aid.
- Sunday 12 October 2014 - Brookwater
- Monday 20 October 2014 - Bundaberg (GAQAP - Bundaberg State High School, Maryborough Street, Bundaberg, Q 4670)
- Tuesday 9 December 2014 - Brisbane North (GAQAP - TBC)
To register for the Community Coaching Course at Brookwater please click here.