Golf Queensland Participation Events & Membership Officer
• Looking for your next challenge?
• Want to give back to the golf community?
Do you love golf, travel, working with children and want to help people get involved in the game?
Golf Queensland is looking for an energetic and community minded person to deliver a wide range of participation events and services that help foster and support the growth of Junior Golf Queensland.
Our Organisation:Golf Queensland is the peak body for amateur golf in Queensland providing a blend of services and programs to golf clubs and golfers of all ages and abilities.
To coordinate and deliver a wide range of participation events and services that help foster and support the growth of junior golf in Queensland. The new incumbent will be a major contributor to the operation of the junior initiative, Junior Golf Queensland. In particular, the position will:• Provide quality coordination for JGQ events including management of related technical/rules services.
• Establish excellent working relationships with Golf Queensland personnel and all stakeholders relevant to JGQ inclusive of golf clubs, JGQ members, coaches and schools.
• Promote, administer and coordinate the JGQ membership program
• Assist with maintenance of content and function of JGQ’s website and social media platforms.
• Coordinate and/or support delivery of other JGQ, Participation Development or Golf Queensland activities and events.
The Person:You will be able to demonstrate your experience and strong knowledge relating to the game of golf. Experience in the delivery of golf events would be advantageous.
Strong interpersonal skills will be required. Experience in managing effective working relationships within a youth sport setting or similar would be advantageous.
It is expected the incumbent of this position will work independently in the field while also having strong skills for working in small teams.
The Offer:The salary for this position will be $55,000 to $61,000 inclusive of superannuation and leave loading depending on the successful applicant’s level of experience and ability.
The overall benefits also include a mobile phone.
Training and development opportunities will also be available.
How to Apply:
Click here to download a copy of the Position Description
1. Submit a resume, a short covering letter and a concise application addressing each of the criteria for appointment, including experience, skills, knowledge and attributes listed above.
2. Ensure the documentation is all within the one attachment and that the email subject line is labelled – Participation Events and Membership Officer Application.
After reading the Position Description, further inquiry can be directed to the Golf Queensland Participation Development Manager, Adrian Hewat, on (07) 3252 8155.
Applications close Monday 19th December 2017