As Golf Australia moves towards implementing the new handicapping system keep up-to-date with the latest changes.
Golf Australia Memorandums
Latest Golf Australia Memorandum
Memo to Clubs - 31 May 2011: Priority Changes to Handicapping System
The new implementation plan and priority handicapping changes have been forwarded to all clubs and associations. Please read the following articles to understand the steps and processes that are to be adopted.
Archived Golf Australia Memorandums
Memo to Clubs - 29 April 2011: Second handicapping package proposal - Read more
Memo to Clubs - 01 October 2010: Second handicapping package suspended - Read more
Memo to Clubs - 01 February 2010: First package of changes - Read more
Memo - Member States & Clubs - Launch Date & Details re First Package of Changes (29/1/2010) - Read more
Appendix 1 (to First Package of Changes) - New Method for Calculating an Australian Handicap (9/4/2010) - Read more
Appendix 2 (to First Package of Changes) - Removal of CCR (9/4/2010) - Read more
Appendix 3 (to First Package of Changes) - Miscellaneous Actions (9/4/2010) - Read more
To download the current version of the Australian Men's and Women's Handicapping Systems, or the Course Rating and Difficulty Systems - Click here
Handicap changes as of the 1st September 2008 - click here for more information.
Handicap changes as of the 1st April 2009 - click here for more information.
If you would like to know more about Handicapping in Australia, Golf Australia's website is a great place to start.
Click here to visit the Handicapping section on Golf Australia's website
Re-Assessment of Handicap Form (Male and Female)
Under the changes to both the Men's and Women's Handicapping Systems implemented on the 1st September 2008, clubs are now required to advise Golf Queensland when they either increase or decrease a Men's or Women's Australian Handicap.
The form to complete can be downloaded by clicking here or on the attachment below.
Re-Gaining an Australian Handicap Form (Male and Female)
Different to the 'Re-Assessment of Handicap' Form - the 'Re-Gaining an Australian Handicap' Form should be used when a player returns to golf having not submitted a card for 2 years or more.
The form to complete can be downloaded by clicking here or in the attachment below.
- Handicap Reassessment form - Male and Female - Click Here to Download
- Male Sample Letters to be sent to members prior to implementing section 9 - Click Here to Download
- Female Sample Letters to be sent to members prior to implementing section 5 - Click Here to Download
- Regaining Handicap Men & Women - Click Here to Download
- GA H&CR Comm Recommendation re the USGA Handicap System.pdf - Click here to Download
- Guide to USGA Handicap System in the Australian Context (5-5-2009).pdf - Click Here to Download
- Media Release - Golf Australia to Pursue USGA Handicap System.pdf - Click Here to Download
- Q&A - USGA Handicap System in Australia i (5-5-2009).pdf - Click Here to Download